Enhancements / bugs

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Hi Amreek,

First of all, congratulations, this is a great idea for a solution and will save system admins alot of time. It really should be core product.

I have deployed it to a test organisation (which uses IFD) it installs ok. First of all bugs:

With all users selected, the start time and calendar type only seems to update the first user in the list.

Enhancements:

1. It would be good/look better if you embed your Silverlight application into the grid rather than having a popup.

2. It would be useful to have a business unit filter to update users by business unit (I think Siverlight allows filters to be applied to columns).

3. Extra fields that would be useful to update: Show Get Started pames, Advanced Find mode, Current Format, both options on the 'email' tab, privacy, and languages

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2011 at 5:18 AM

First of all ,thanks for the feed back.

- With all users selected, the start time and calendar type only seems to update the first user in the list.

I tested it on my machine. It is updating all the records. Because of  async_callback, it does not refresh the user grid immediately. I have fixed the problem in version 1.1. 

Enhancements:

1. It would be good/look better if you embed your Silverlight application into the grid rather than having a popup.

I tried that but mscrm content page does not allow scrollbar and I did not want to add scrollbars to silverlight webresources .

I will be give it a go in next few weeks.

2. It would be useful to have a business unit filter to update users by business unit (I think Siverlight allows filters to be applied to columns).

3. Extra fields that would be useful to update: Show Get Started pames, Advanced Find mode, Current Format, both options on the 'email' tab, privacy, and languages

I will definitely do that in next release.

Thanks again.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Hi Amreek,

I came across a real world requirement yesterday where your utility would have been really useful if it could set the 'Allow other Microsoft Dynamics users to send email on your behalf' flag.

Scenario - the system admin needed to send out personalised Christmas cards from 40+ director users but not all of them had set this flag and many had gone on holiday for Christmas.

Anyway.. maybe for version 3.0 eh?

Rob

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi Amreek,

One further enhancement that will be incredibly useful is to allow for the setting of default currency and default language. Some of my customers work across multiple countries and languages and the administrator needs to ensure the items are set correctly according to its region (and you know you can't rely on users doing so)

More for version 3??

Thanks.

EC

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM

rboyers,

This feature (Allow send on My Behalf) is in the 2.0 version we just installed!  Worked great!!